Friday, October 28, 2005

Regards the D2K "parties"

I've parted with several on the right over characterizing the 2000th death vigils the cut and run left has been holding as "celebrations"....a characterization that has gotten some lefties in a tizzy and not without some reason. I'm sure that many, on the left see this morbid, morale-sapping vigil as somehow honoring and showing concern for the troops (IMHO in a VERY misguided way).

However, my firsthand experience with activists who seemed to be organizing these "vigils" was sickening. The glee "YEAH!! 2000 Baby!! Yesss!!!" that was expressed quite loudly as well as the utter contempt for the soldiers I heard both both during class and in the cafeteria was really off-putting.

As wrong-headed as the cut and run crowds solution (grasp defeat from the jaws of victory) certainly is, I'm sure that most of them really don't hate our troops or their country. But they also have to understand that the vocal ones, the asinine loons like I encountered this week, are the ones that people notice.

No comments: