Monday, December 26, 2005

It is OVER!!

Christmas is over!

As a UPS employee I lost my Christmas spirit YEARS ago in the avalanche of boxes stress and muscle aches that is this time of year.

Thursday evening my mom collapsed...I left for work from my folks house after she had been taken to the hospital. Friday morning there was a fire at UPS. A bearing overheated...igniting some boxes which ignited the adjoining boxes...some of which contained spray-paint...thus poof!

It was a small fire, (less than 20 boxes destroyed) but added to the general chaos of the last mad crush before Christmas. I was one of the people tasked with cleaning up the dry chemical fire extinguisher residue. (ugh!)

I swung by the hospital to find my mom ready to be released...but she collapsed again. She came home later Friday night...she's doing much better now, it was an allergy to her anesthetic and pain killers.

Christmas came and went.....now it is over...at LAST!

I'm off the rest of the week which gives me time to sleep in a bit, finish my trailer repairs and do some administrative stuff with the University and the Coast Guard....but not today....everyone I need to see, from the contractor to the bank is closed today....Christmas is over, but its malevolent influence lingers in this unproductive day.

Now I count down the days to my geriatry...my birthday is on the first.

No comments: