Saturday, August 28, 2004

Grand Unified Field Theory of Viet Nam

OK this link is days old, but I'm playing catchup on most things and this post by Varifrank is really good.

I'm not as interested in the Swift Boat controversey as in Kerry's creepy response to it.

I was born in 1970. We were out of Viet Nam by the time I was 5 and I was too young to see the few news reports of the results of Kerry/ Fonda et al getting their way. (the near oblieration of the Montagnard people and the horrors in Cambodia) Viet Nam is a sad chapter in history to me. The horrors that were perpetrated by the SE Asian Leftists when we pulled the rug out from under the south were terrible, but this is something that happened when I was 5 years old. I care about how a presidential canidate is going to deal with the future.

Kerry was ashamed his service until he began running for president now he is selling himself as a war hero in a war 35 years ago I want to know how a President is going to handle the threats and opertunities of the FUTURE but Kerry has given me nothing to go on except a mass of conflicting positions and his positions seem to have a weathervane for a compass.

Sheesh...


No comments: