Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Life Imitates Flesh Gordon

Mark Wade has updated his awesome Encyclopedia Astronautica with a list of current commercial rocket projects. Most are suborbital like Spaceships 1 and 2 but Dragon The Kistler craft and Dream Chaser are orbital vehicles and both of Bigelow's station designs are there as well.

The attention getter however is Stabillo.....

People occasionally joke about rockets being a bit phallic, but those people just have dirty minds....right....RIIGHT!??

I give you the most Freudian spacecraft design Evah!















It is interesting to see a rockoon seriously considered for commercial applications and the peroxide engine should be pretty simple, the tractor engine is unusual, though that harkens back to the earliest days of rocketry ....but I just can't get past that...the...I mean....



Thrusting its way into virgin space the throbbing probe carries the Italian dildonauts to a stellar climax.



I'm sorry...I just...

I'm being unfair...I'm a mere undergraduate and a sailor to boot....lets ask one of the Brickmuppet's crack team of Science babes for her opinion...






Well there you go.....






UPDATE: Fixed Formatting Fubar
Also, as per the request from Zaiva(?) the girl is Rin Tosaka from Fate Stay Night...a series I am completely unfamiliar with.

5 comments:

ザイツェヴ said...

Not that I ever built one, but it took John Carmack a few iterations on their peroxide engines. It is far simpler than a biprop (even a pressure-fed one), but solving issues with the catalyst creating flameholding pockets is not my idea of weekend fun. If you weren't concerned with reusability, then of course everything gets far simpler and I could see a faster development time with a monoprop.

ザイツェヴ said...

Forgot to ask, where is the girl from?

Unknown said...

The Peroxide engine is elegant but scary.

The young lady was simply a .gif that was posted without atribution on an anime message board some time ago, (one of the .chans IIRC).

I'm trying to find out myself and as soon as I do I'll ammend the post.

ザイツェヴ said...

Thanks. I definitely saw her in a banner rotation somewhere, but I can't say where. Probably http://www.minaidehazukashii.com/

-- Pete

Saleem said...

Rin Tohsaka
sakie satou