Sunday, February 26, 2006

Disclaimer

Occasionally, on this blog, I rant and rave about things that are beyond my area of expertise.

I am a petty officer Coast Guard Reserve and my current assignment deals with Marine Safety to a large extent and I've done some work there with marine pollution mitigation. My previous assignment gave me a very limited overview of tactical procedures.... Likely just enough to get myself into terrible trouble.

I was a HAZMAT responder for UPS for 12 years.

I am majoring in Marine Biology at Old Dominion University.

I have some experience with boats and SCUBA diving.

Which should pretty much be the Alpha and Omega of what I can talk about...except...


.....that my MINOR in college is East Asian Studies, a LIBERAL ART!
Therefore I have license to prattle on knowledgeably about pretty much anything and pretend to know what I'm talking about. :)





Why, no. Of course this post has nothing to do with any uniformed and ill- thought-out rantings by any Arts and Letters types at ODU...Honest.

That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

No comments: