Thursday, February 26, 2004

Totalitarian Politics.....

I had a big rant on this and have been pondering how to rant on it without alienating more friends for a while now....but Michelle has put it better than I can here and here,

I've seen this coming for a while. Some months ago at a party up in Maryland a friend and I were pondering the prospects for success in Iraq, most of my leftie friends decided that it was important to play verbally bitchslap the righty. I have never heard such bile come out of peoples mouths. Completely oblivious to the fact that the "people we'd be better off without"...included me.

Michelle really nails this though.

For my part, I'm becoming very leary of those who's politics fufill the nich of religion in their lives. When they begin rooting out heretics.....watch out. (This goes without saying for spooky religious fundamentalists of any stripe).

No comments: